Superb sunset views are assured at Baan Bon Khao, which sits near the top of the exclusive Ayara Surin hillside estate on Phuket’s scenic west coast. Surin Beach, an 800-metre stretch of golden sand lapped by the warm waters of the Andaman Sea is just 500m away.
- Surin Beach
- 0.50 km
- Bang Tao Beach
- 3 km
- Kamala Beach
- 4 km
- Banyan Tree Spa
- 7 km
- Laguna Phuket Golf Club
- 7 km
- Patong Beach
- 12 km
- Royal Phuket Marina
- 17 km
- Central Festival shopping
- 23 km
- Phuket Airport
- 23 km
- Phuket Town
- 24 km
Things to Do
Baan Bon Khao’s manager is ready to help you discover the top sights and book activities around the island, and having the villa’s complimentary 10-seater minivan on standby for up to eight hours each day is a great plus. Don’t be shy to tap into the staff’s local knowledge of the area, as they should be able to offer suggestions on the most fascinating and off-the-beaten path places to visit.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the wealth of activities on offer within reach of Baan Bon Khao:
- Explore the delights of the Andaman Sea aboard a luxury yacht charter. The beautiful sights of Phang Nga Bay, Raya islands, Similan Islands, Koh Phi Phi and more are all within an easy day’s sail.
- Experience Phuket’s beach club and resort dining scene: decadent brunches, DJ dance parties, beachfront barbecues, romantic sunset dinners.
- Make a splash and keep fit with an array of water sports including windsurfing, sea kayaking and stand-up paddling, or discover Thailand’s exotic underwater world on a scuba diving or snorkelling excursion.
- Enjoy a round of golf at the Laguna Phuket Golf Club, Blue Canyon, Mission Hills or other Phuket golf courses.
- Indulge in a relaxing spa session at the Banyan Tree, Twinpalms or Amanpuri resorts, or unwind on the beach with a simple Thai massage.
- Discover Phuket’s rich history and traditional life on a cultural tour of Phuket Town. Learn more about the history behind the restored Sino-Portuguese shops and mansions and sample some of the island’s best local cuisine.
- Learn the secrets of making fragrant, spicy and flavourful Thai cuisine in a cookery class.
- Delve in to the nightlife of Patong Beach: dance the night away in a disco, stroll the bizarre and bawdy Soi Bangla walking street, savour cocktails and wine at a chic waterfront bar.
- Explore Phuket’s interior for some outdoor adventures: elephant and horseback riding, ATV, waterfalls and jungle trails, the Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre, zipline sessions, agricultural tours and more.
- Browse for art, clothing, gifts and antiques at The Plaza Surin, Paul Ropp, boutique shops at Twinpalms and Amanpuri resorts and other shops along the streets of Surin.